Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2002 Impala 3.4 that is leaking coolant pretty good. The coolant can be seen here. It is on top of the motor. Any ideas where it is leaking from? Right in the middle of the picture you can see some white foam that's the water boiling. It has gotten alot worse recently and my serpentine belt will stop spinning sometimes I took it off and checked the water pump alternator etc for free movement and they all spin fine I think it's the water dripping on the belt making it slip.
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Also just to be clear this is for sure a blown head gasket right? This car overheated to the red once. About 2 months ago. I've checked the cap a couple of times since then and nothing but as of today this is what I have.

I found the Leak. The metal hose in this picture where It goes in is leaking. Straight water was ran in this car by previous owner and coolant system is full of rust so it may have rusted a hole in it. Anyone know what this hose is connected to and how hard it will be to get it replaced?
IMG_20210522_204246.jpg

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Impala base
17 Posts
View attachment 164607

Also just to be clear this is for sure a blown head gasket right? This car overheated to the red once. About 2 months ago. I've checked the cap a couple of times since then and nothing but as of today this is what I have.

I found the Leak. The metal hose in this picture where It goes in is leaking. Straight water was ran in this car by previous owner and coolant system is full of rust so it may have rusted a hole in it. Anyone know what this hose is connected to and how hard it will be to get it replaced?
View attachment 164608
you're going to have a "fun" time replacing it as it's a thermostat by-pass which you would have to remove your intake to be able to replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not as bad as the lower intake manifold :) I might just jb weld it, looks like if I go down to the fuel rail and take it off I could seal the leak. This is a beater car btw. As for that oil cap, I am right I for sure have a blown head gasket right? No smoke at all out the exhaust. But I don't know what else that could be

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Impala base
17 Posts
Not as bad as the lower intake manifold :) I might just jb weld it, looks like if I go down to the fuel rail and take it off I could seal the leak. This is a beater car btw. As for that oil cap, I am right I for sure have a blown head gasket right? No smoke at all out the exhaust. But I don't know what else that could be
it could be a blown head gasket but it could also be condensation hard to say going by just the oil cap I would recommend checking the oil from the pan and seeing if it's milky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts