Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have searched the forums and found the thread but still have questions and for some reason i have to wait for admin approval of my posting in that thread.. Now question is when doing the coolant flush where is the drain plug on the radiator located i have tried looking for it on the bottom but found nothing. If none can i just disconnect the lower hose and flush like that?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Drain plug is usually on the drivers side of the radiator. If you can't find it just pull both radiator hoses and flush with a hose.

FYI: Draining the coolant and using a hose is NOT a flush. If you want a proper flush go down to a quick lube station. They have a machine that flushes the whole system. It's kinda costly but, if your car needs it, its worth it. Usually around $60-90 at a quick lube.

Why do you need a flush? Gunk in the radiator?

If so, I would suggest getting a flush at a quick lube as stated above. Then, go home and drain the coolant via plug or hoses. Replace thermostat (likely gunked up as well) and coolant. Make sure to bleed the system!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts