Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone tell me the length of a door from a 1960 two door model. I can get a two door panel for in front on the rear wheels and I'm just wondering weather or not to stretch the front doors on my 4dr or will I be able to just bolt on a 2dr door. I know this is a huge task but for all the work needed and finished results it's well worth it. Please if someone can tell me the length of the bodyline above the door handle that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I hope you have drawn out some sketches of what you think it will look like, you are going to have some MAJOR work to do on the B & C pillars. The 2dr door doors are longer that the 4dr's, I'm not sure if a sedan's doors would work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just my luck today I found a 2dr Delivery Wagon. Rusted beyond repair but from half way up, the body line to the roof is awesome. I may just cut the whole works right off and swap it to my body. Only one problem, it's a 59 and the doors don't really match up that well. O well se'll see what happens after crunchin so numbers to see how well it will graft on.
I love these challenges.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Generally my research into this type of project. Take out the B pillar (remove spot welds as it was installed originally) and bolt a 2 door sedan door in and then line the B pillar back up with the door latched and the door aligned to the front fender and rocker. Now the Hard part. You need to cut up some rear quarters to fill it in and also need to build an inside sub structure so thats the basics. And no a 59 door will never fit because it was a one year only body style. There was a Commodore 2 door built in australia that used this method and looked bad ass. If the door does not look proportionally correct you may need to cut the door down the middle and extend it utilizing your old doors. Then again you could probably use your existing doors to do this. Just need lots of internal structure and custom glass. there is a pic of a 62 parkwood 2 door wagon and a KUSTOM 63 4 door in bing search.

Here is a few pics:
Paul McKennariey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts