Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would it cost and how hard do you think it would be?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It would cost more than buying a high performance rear wheel drive car, it would give you all kinds of grief for insurance, licensing, etc, it would void your entire warranty, give you all kinds of handling problems, etc. Should I go on? If you're thinking that NASCAR does this, they really don't. Those cars are built on a custom fabricated frame, with a fiberglass replica of a (Monte Carlo, Impala, Charger, etc.) body fitted to it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thats gonna cost some money. and i assume that you are still paying for it so thats even more money. you need an axle, new suspension, engine mounts make the tunnel for the exhaust bigger cause you need a tranny and driveshaft in there. new computer all sorts of crap. good luck if you do it. hope you have the time and what it takes.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7200 hundred dollers u have to take out the engine get and engine from cheverolet thats capable of fitting in the car and changing some front suspention and rear supenion componentes labor about 5600 dollers good luck and a bad idea i would say doesnt make no sence to me

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more than it's worth

because the under body nor the rear end is designed for that.

you'd be better off taking the frame off and putting it on a rear wheel drive car.

the engine could be modified fairly easily but running the drive shaft and the transmission would be costly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You'd probably just be better off buying a Pontiac G8 GT. It's sold as a Chevy Caprice in Saudi Arabia, which is basically an Impala.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even if you did convert it, you would have to put a heck of a lot of thought into engineering the suspension and placement of components in order to make it handle correctly which would take you a long time to get dialed in. i agree with the G8 GT. i dig that car.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
It's just not worth it. If you want a rear drive car then buy a rear drive car. I do like my rear drive Impala that I have. I have not yet driven the FWD Impala's.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have and they don't hook up. IMO, that has always been the problem with front wheel drive cars. the weight distribution when they lauch kills all of the traction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buy Another Car!

The engine in your 2008 Impala is actually designed for a front wheel drive. I don't even know if it is possible to convert to RWD!? It would be better to just trade it in for a Caddilac CTS-V or one of those Dodge 300's.

But hey, if your actually going to do it, let me know how it goes, okay!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Why would you? So impractical, if you want a RWD, buy a Crown Vic, same size and what not...

·
Banned
5 Posts
The cost of buying a car which gives a high-performance rear-wheel drive gives you all kind of grief insurance,licenses,etc.These cars are built in a custom frame with fiberglass copy of the Monte Carlo,Impala,Charger,etc.that the body is installed in it.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Uncle Jerry has not visited since posting this question. So maybe you guys can help me out. I am thinking about converting my vacuum cleaner into a helicopter, how much would it cost and how hard would it be?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I am thinking about converting my vacuum cleaner into a helicopter, how much would it cost and how hard would it be?
It will cost quite a lot of cash but with the right amount and some changes in parts or where the parts go it can be done.:wink:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Take an acid splotch and it can be whatever you like! ;)
:biggrin: Gotta love folks who post a crazy question and never return.....it gives us something to do.....

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
:biggrin: Gotta love folks who post a crazy question and never return.....it gives us something to do.....
Hell yeah, HA! Stupid questions......On the not of transformers Qs:

Can I make my Impala into a Boeing 747 clone? :wink: :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts