Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've owned my car for almost a year now, purchased it August 10th, 2010. And it's been great so far. No real big issues. However, I'm not sure if it's going to stay that way. I took a look at my rear tires today, well I can visually see they're getting worn down on the inside of the tire. Rear camber issue is present on my car. I have just a bit over 8,000 miles on these tires. They were new when I bought the car.

Tomorrow I'm making an appointment with the dealership which I purchased the car from. I'm basically going to tell them I want the fix outlined in the TSB for the Impala 9C1, my rear tires replaced, otherwise I'm getting a different vehicle.

This is BS that we have to put up with this issue, I'm not going to pay to get it fixed, it's not my fault, and it's a major safety hazard. Last time I checked, a tire blowout is awfully dangerous.

I love my Impala, but I'm not going to put up with this nonsense.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Make it clear to them you won't be buying the vehicle from them, otherwise they'll just be thinking sale.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point, I'll mention the local dealership here. The local dealership here does have a car, but it's little out of my price range. But I won't tell them that last part.

That's probably the biggest PITA, I want a car with as much power as my SS, but I'm having issues finding a car in my price range and that I like. Does the last generation Monte Carlo SS have any issues with camber? That would be the perfect choice to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's true. I'm definitely going to bring that up when I bring my car in. If they won't at least replaced my tires, I need to get rid of this car. There's not way I'm buying new tires when these have less than 10,000 miles on them.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I'd imagine the Monte Carlos have it too, they are the same chassis.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Better idea: Bring in a dozen doughnuts at the time of the appointment.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats just crazy enough to work.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ It works. Then, at Christmas, bring your service advisor a nominal gift certificate or a 12 pack to thank him for taking such good care of you the past year. Less than 25 bucks invested in donuts and gifts. Trust me, they will take care of you. Hardly anybody shows them appreciation, just complaints.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
LOL. ^^^

The skill of knowing how to get what you want......... Now, if I could only get it to work on my wife.......

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I've never been any good at kissing ass, sometimes my boss yells at me for it, lol.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Its actually Plasti-dip. I assume since you're a member here, you know what it is and i don't need to explain?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts