Impala Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I purchased a 2015 Impala LT back in Sept 2017 after dumping almost 9K into my Honda EG track car and the 2nd motor seizing. So I've researched alot on my car. But my confusion is that it's stamped as a 2015 but the body is the 2012 9th gen. What gives?. It's the 3.6L and I run E85 I've chipped and tuned it. I have a special website that shows me more than just a Carfax but there was 9 owners within 9 months of me purchasing it. Says no accidents but there's a front cross member with yellow numbers written like from a pick n pull. So is it a 2015 or some chop shop special? There was also a recall cause the area below the climate control caught fire and burned the carpet the entire center console and part of the dash. Have any of you experienced similar issues or have you experienced something different?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Is it a '15 LT "Limited"? Does it say "Limited" on the back of the trunk? In the old body style 8th gen., there were the '12/'13 Impalas and '14-'16 Impala Limiteds with the 3.6 LFX engine and 6spd. transaxle.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hello
My previous limited had been in a fender bender. Carfax only has access to reports filed in the insurance circle. If a person had an accident and didn’t claim it then fixed it w cash, carfax and other reporting websites don’t know about it. Such is the case w mine. The fender had “made in Indonesia” stamped on it and the fender liner was damaged as well as the front clip little clip that is one of 4 that holds it on was torn.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Reading your comment makes me think you have wound-up with a car that might have been through a few 'Owner's'
who acquired it at auction, ... sold: "Damaged/Repairable."
The later models have been getting scrutinized very closely by insurance adjusters.
You'd be amazed as the condition some cars are in when they go on the auction block.
If you can wrench, pull-out dents and do a decent job with the body work prepping for having color blown-on someplace; there's great deals to be had.
Judging from the budget aftermarket panels and other evidence found; you might be the guy who's holding the hot potato.
Were there 'Salvage' stickers on it or any notations on the paperwork or Title that would indicate you bought a fixed-up wreck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a '15 LT "Limited"? Does it say "Limited" on the back of the trunk? In the old body style 8th gen., there were the '12/'13 Impalas and '14-'16 Impala Limiteds with the 3.6 LFX engine and 6spd. transaxle.
Its a limited but has an LT badge on right rear of trunk it was made in Canada but I don't think that matters. I have seen the 2015 impalas and they're a completely different body style. I guess it all depends on the manufactured date. If you'd like that site info I can send you a link

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello
My previous limited had been in a fender bender. Carfax only has access to reports filed in the insurance circle. If a person had an accident and didn’t claim it then fixed it w cash, carfax and other reporting websites don’t know about it. Such is the case w mine. The fender had “made in Indonesia” stamped on it and the fender liner was damaged as well as the front clip little clip that is one of 4 that holds it on was torn.
I have a link that shows you more info in your car including previous owners etc. Let me know and I'll send it to you

·
Registered
313 Posts
2015 Limited is still mostly the same engine and transmission as the next generation Impala (the non-Limited 2014-2020). I have the 2016 Limited LT. GM kept making the older style for the three years of 2014-2016 mostly to supply rental cars to places like Avis. But I don't think all of them went to rental car companies. My car had an Avis sticker right inside the gas cap, so I knew it was a rental, but with the Certified Warranty and much lower cost, I took and chance and have been mostly happy. As far as I know, the Canada plant made a ton of Impalas for a long time before it was closed down, so they were very experienced there. Mine is also Canada made. Sounds like your issues are kind of unique. The biggest things I have had issues with are wheel bearings, wonky feeling transmission shifts, and cheaply made HVAC motors that are a lot of work to change yourself or really costly to pay the shop for what they are. I have also had a few trim and finish issues like a body panel that was loose and rubbing the paint off the front right door.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Its a limited but has an LT badge on right rear of trunk it was made in Canada but I don't think that matters. I have seen the 2015 impalas and they're a completely different body style. I guess it all depends on the manufactured date. If you'd like that site info I can send you a link
'14-'16 the new body style was made along with the old body style (Limited) which were rental/fleet/lease vehicles. And yes, the Limited came in the LS, LT and LTZ trims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2015 Limited is still mostly the same engine and transmission as the next generation Impala (the non-Limited 2014-2020). I have the 2016 Limited LT. GM kept making the older style for the three years of 2014-2016 mostly to supply rental cars to places like Avis. But I don't think all of them went to rental car companies. My car had an Avis sticker right inside the gas cap, so I knew it was a rental, but with the Certified Warranty and much lower cost, I took and chance and have been mostly happy. As far as I know, the Canada plant made a ton of Impalas for a long time before it was closed down, so they were very experienced there. Mine is also Canada made. Sounds like your issues are kind of unique. The biggest things I have had issues with are wheel bearings, wonky feeling transmission shifts, and cheaply made HVAC motors that are a lot of work to change yourself or really costly to pay the shop for what they are. I have also had a few trim and finish issues like a body panel that was loose and rubbing the paint off the front right door.
My limited has gone through a few driver side wheel hubs …seems like its typical with these impalas and for me at least its never actually the wheel hub as much as it is the abs wheel speed sensor connector ripping out of the housing and you are absolutely right with the shifting havent ran into any hvac problems yet so im gonna keep my fingers crossed🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts