Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening everyone, im in the Army and am looking into working on cars as a hobby, I want to start on my car which is a 2012 Chevy Impala. Suggestions anyone??

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome possible spammer!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome, what model do you have ls, lt, ltz?
Not a whole lot of options for performance yet for power but there are options to get it to handle better. There is also lighting options and appearance options.

WHAT do you have in mind. Pics of car would be good too.
thanks for you service.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Thanks for your service! And WELCOME!:beer: We MUST have pics, you know!:wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try and post pics tomorrow, im not real computer savy haha. I have a LS, I wanna do appearance modifications, maybe radio work, also I wanna do whatever I can to give it better gas mileage and make it go faster.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
welcome and thank you for your service

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
10,791 Posts

Yup pics would be nice :beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Lol sorry about that, normally the only people that join and introduce themselves by name are spam bots, but you don't appear to be one!

2012 LS, options are still somewhat limited, but there are a couple threads detailing what we know works so far http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-8th-gen-discussion/311043-2012-impala-parts-that-fit.html http://www.impalaforums.com/8th-gen-engine-performance/309623-2012-impala-horse-shoe-exhaust.html Open up the airbox, get that stupid exhaust fixed, and get her a tune, she'll wake up a fair bit.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Sorry, I get carried away sometimes. By open up the airbox I mean either get a proper cold air intake system installed, or modify the stock aircleaner to flow more air, by cutting holes in the box around the air inlet behind the driver headlight. By fixing the stupid exhaust, well, look at the thread I posted about the "horseshoe" exhaust. By tune, I mean get a reprogrammed engine and transmission computer, the stock programming is pretty bad, the tune alone will make it feel like a different car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I understand gettin a new cold air intake. Never heard of a stock air cleaner lol. And right now I am a total beginner at EVERYTHING that involves mechanics so im sure that no matter how you talk im probably going to get confused. So everyone will probably have to elaborate a lot with me lol. Thanks for the tips guys I really appreciate them :)

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Just start reading through the threads, there are lots of pictures explaining what things are and what to do with them. Factory aircleaner is just the stock air intake system that you replace with a cold air intake. Most cold air intakes (CAI as you often find us calling them) are total crap, and perform worse than the stock system, so do your homework. You'll get it in no time!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Welcome, Colton! Thank you very much for your service!

As a Customer Service representative, I can't provide much in the way of Do-It-Yourself information, but I'm glad to see the community already stepping in to help. If you ever want assistance contacting a dealer or would like a copy of your build sheet, please let me know. I'm reachable via private message on this forum!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 17 of 17 Posts