Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a cold air intake on my 2013 lt.since then i have been experiencing drivability issues such as erattic performance and surging at low to mid throttle until i get to about 5,000 rpms and above then it wakes up.there are not any codes or check engine lights.i changed maf sensor just in case.when i reinstall the factory intake setup the vehicle runs perfect again.anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
May want to "dance with the one who brung ya", lol. Your '13 came with a cai from the factory. Sometimes it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May want to "dance with the one who brung ya", lol. Your '13 came with a cai from the factory. Sometimes it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.
Lol ..i wasnt expecting any power gains. just the sound.but you have a very good point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If the filter that came with the kit is the washable style the excess oil from the filter can coat the MAF causing drivability issues.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
If the filter that came with the kit is the washable style the excess oil from the filter can coat the MAF causing drivability issues.
This was my first thought but if swapping back to the standard intake fixes it and I would presume reusing the same MAF.

Still definitely worth cleaning but I think there is more too it.
Have a link to the kit? If the airflow is not stable when it gets to the MAF it can lead to erratic readings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts