Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea just got it tryin to figure out a good setup because the pcm being mounted in the factory air cleaner

·
Registered
358 Posts
they have a few,wiz-air,jmb fwi,home made fwi, thrasher, motorsports performance. im sure ther are more u just have 2 search. goog luck!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, just have to do some searching have to check with some of the companies I deal with

·
Registered
375 Posts
Building your own is by far the cheapest way to go about it. If you want to show the car, but not put much effort into appearance, you should go with a kit instead.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I thought about just putting one together but most of the kits come with mounting brackets of some kind for the pcm.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You can get one used from a scrapyard for 10 or 15 bucks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
www.car-parts.com may list it, although it's a bit of an unusual item for someone to be looking for.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea i was talkin to a bunch of the techs at work today and gonna keep an eye out for one, but most likely lookin at a FWI or the Thrasher setup looks good
if your looking 2 buy a fwi i have pix of my jmb fwi in my garage, i think it was only 190 give or take a few bucks.or like lingenfelter said u could build your own (best bang for buck)and get a pcm tray. well good luck with your intake proj!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info guys, not sure which setup im gonna go with, either FWI like yours 05ss45 or was looking at the thrasher setup. Tough decision on that one cause there pretty much right around the same price.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys just to give you an update, the wife got me the JMBPERFORMANCE FWI for christmas (just installed it this weekend). Thanks for all your ideas on some intakes.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well guys just to give you an update, the wife got me the JMBPERFORMANCE FWI for christmas (just installed it this weekend). Thanks for all your ideas on some intakes.
no shi* sweet choice dude!! i have had mine for a while & i love it!! well you gotta post some pix of the fwi!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no shi* sweet choice dude!! i have had mine for a while & i love it!! well you gotta post some pix of the fwi!!
I will try and get some up this weekend was waiting and hoping my LED Projector headlamps would have been here by now but oh well at the mercy of UPS.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright I have had the JMB Performance FWI on for a couple weeks now and i am very happy with it. I am eventually gonna replace that little pcm bracket that came with it (kinda cheesy) for a good bolt down tray. In the morning it is loud as can be, just wondering does that go away or is it gonna be like that till the weather warms up. Any comments 05SS45 OR 04Detroit. Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 26 Posts