Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey im planning to change all my struts but i also want to change the coil springs . Im planning to purchase the Monroe bare struts but which coil springs would be good to purchase with these struts . Not trying to overspend but would appreciate a good deal if anyone has any imput , it would be greatly appreciated . Front and Back . 18 " wheels .

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Monroe quick strut!!! Done...
Monroe doesn't make Quick Struts that will fit 18" wheels. I just had the Quickstruts installed in my Impala with 17" wheels and they feel great. You may try the 171661 for the front as they may fit 18" wheels. There is a gap between the strut mount and the tires, so I think it may fit. For the rear you need the 72471 bare struts and buy springs and the other stuff.

http://catalog.monroe.com/catalogPa...atalogCode=monroe&locale=EN&loadStatus=ACTIVE

Product Details Page

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I still don't understand why wheel size would matter, the overall diameter is unchanged, is the backspace different?

·
Registered
44 Posts
To the OP, are you wanting to drop it, or just keep stock height?

How many miles on the vehicle?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the same thing on My 2006 SS. Check my posts on 9-23-11 to 10-10-11. I am working the camber issue now. I will install the camber bolts at all 4 corners. Check my post about this.
TJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts