·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just installed the coil-over springs on my impalas below

2014 1.75 drop factort front struts
2012 1.6 drop replaced with KYB struts

I am noticing when ever I reach 15-20 mph there is a slight vibration and than it goes away. It only happens around that time. I have already done the alignment and balanced the wheels as well. I took it to a tech and they told me my cv axles are fine. Do yall have any solutions or suggestions for me? Also I am on stock wheels as well.

·
Premium Member
18,508 Posts
Welcome! :beer:

Post pics or we won't help you!! (just kidding...):cool:

Where do you feel this vibration? Up front, in back???:nerd

Still want pics, tho!:nerd :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:laugh Coming in a few.. its in the front drivers side I haven't felt on the passengers side on both.

·
Super Moderator
10,954 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks great.

Try moving the wheels from front to back first and see if the vibration moves with them. You'll know if it's wheels/tires then or something else.

Reactions: capttwb136

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks yeh its not the wheels they are balanced. Its doing it on both cars whenever I reach 15-20 mph there is a slight vibration and it goes away once we pass that speed. when I reach 60 plus ride smooth so I know its not the wheels.

·
Premium Member
18,508 Posts
Beauty 'Pala! I like the height!
That vibration though.......odd when it hits. Then its gone.

Could it be the new springs shaking at a certain speed? They weren't there before, when there was no vibration....

Reactions: bma4life

·
Registered
296 Posts
Id retorque bolts to spec after driving if possible. Also oddly enough it may go away as the springs settle.How long have they been installed?What springs did you use?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dropping the ride height that much changes the suspension and steering geometries quite a bit. I had to make a number of other changes to get the geometry back in line after I dropped one of my cars that much - taller front balljoints, bumpsteer kits F/R, shorter sway bar end links, etc.

Not saying you'll need to go through all that. Just putting it out there. Your cars look great, BTW. :eek:k3:

G'luck!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Little late but I also installed the lowering SSC springs and it gave a vibration when accelerating from speeds of about 10-30. The cure was some new and shorter dog bones for the engine mounts. The lowering of the car causes a slight binding of the cv axles, the shorter dog bones will pull the engine forward slightly allowing the pressure in the binding to be relieved and the vibrations to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts