Impala Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
My bad - I mistakenly thought that the poster was talking about the same codes that the OP was talking about (since they posted in this thread), which is why I mentioned the air intake boot (since that is what solved the OP's issue). Upon looking closer, I see that two of the three codes they are talking about are completely different than the codes that this thread is about. :)

That being said, I do still recommend that all 9th gen owners check their air intake boot periodically, just so they can identify that issue before it actually becomes a problem (and maybe even get it replaced under warranty while the warrnty is still good). It's obvious that there is an issue with the material GM used for the air intake boot.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Please come back and post when you do figure out the issue - that is *so* beneficial to other forum members, but unfortunately, most of the time, it doens't seem to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you checked the air intake hose (the rubber-like thing between the air filter box and the throttle body)? I've been reading a lot of reports of that host basically falling apart on the 9th gens - even on newer, low-milage vehciles. Check that for tears, etc. And I completely agree with @hatzie here - it's ridiculous that this is even an issue for such a simple part that has been used forever on every car...
Took my 2014 Impala for an oil change and they said the engine filter needed replacing. When I left, the engine light came on. I returned and they eventually deduced the intake boot was cracked, but denied they had caused it. Looked evident to me as it is connected to the cover over the filter. They are saying it’s a coincidence that it happened immediately after leaving the dealership. Am I crazy?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts