Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to buy a code scanner, probably the Auto XRay 6000, and I wanted to ask fellow b-body owners if such a device will read any live data from the OBDI equipped '94 Roadmaster, or just the trouble codes. I have been reading about it, and have seen things that might suggest that live data is an OBDII thing. :confused:

If any one could help me out with their experiences on the matter, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Chris

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
My understanding is that live reading is only OBD-II. I do not have the scanner you listed but the one I do have which only captures, not show live. It's upgrade unit does capture live data but only for OBD-II not earlier.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hi Chris.

Yes it will give you live data,
as well as all the trouble code data
on your OBD1 Roadmaster.

I have the same exact scanner.

HTH.

Stewart
Stewart did your PCM need to be re-tuned to be able to supply the live data?

Other wise this is the first scanner to be able to do that that I have heard about.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Here is a link to the one that I use.
http://www.autobarn.net/equus-3120-obd-tool-kit.html

Mine is a Reader/Scanner unit. It does Freeze Frame data hold. If I had known and waited a while I could have gotten the 3140 which does have live data plus recording.

I also like the fact that I can update the software, and pull it from the vehicle and take to to the computer while it still holds all info from the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses! I'm still looking into building an interface cable to use with the TTS DataMaster software. If that doesn't work, I'm glad to know I can always just order that AutoXray!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts