Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
I think so man yeah, i have seen on the forum that all the plugs are their and u just install it. But u have to get the mileage updated.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea how you go about doing that? I know that on some clusters its a seperate module that you can swap.

I'm not ready for this yet, just doing research. I have been going a little nuts looking for stuff I can buy for the car since I got it.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
What year and model is that from? It beats the hell out of my 3 gauges!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, plug n play as long as you have a 01+ car. I had one in my first 9c1, was a very good upgrade from the lame 3 gauge set up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The dealer cannot do it for you. They can suggest locations to have it done but even the GM Tech2 cannot update it. BBEngineering can do it I believe.

I was unaware there was 2 different 6 gauge clusters, but its all plug and play. (unless you have a 3.4 and then the oil pressure doesnt work out of the box but can be made to work).

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
What has to be done for oil pressure?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If i knew my impala/monte carlo options better about 6 months ago I would not have walked past the ss monte for months and is now gone at the wreckers lol

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
The dealer cannot do it for you. They can suggest locations to have it done but even the GM Tech2 cannot update it. BBEngineering can do it I believe.

I was unaware there was 2 different 6 gauge clusters, but its all plug and play. (unless you have a 3.4 and then the oil pressure doesnt work out of the box but can be made to work).
Really? The guys on naioa say the dealers tech2 can do it. Hmmm maybe something changed.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
These gauges may be a nice upgrade but, I'd rather have a "true" reading of oil pressure and digital volt meter gauges.

Really I thought dealers could transfer mileage? I personally thought Tech 2's could do so. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree but I don't want to mount aftermarket gauges anywhere. These are enough to alert me of a problem. Years ago the gauges in my 98 Durango alerted me that my alternator was dying and I changed it right away. I just like to know I have oil pressure and current

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like that cluster way more than mine! I'd rather have more info than just fuel and temp.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Oil pressure won't work, other than that its plug and play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts