Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Impala and overnight the clock on the radio is behind several hours. When I bought the car on Dec.1 the battery would drain overnight. A replacement alternator took care of that problem. Thanks to the people on this forum I think my tire sensor / poor remote starter problem is narrowed down. I would appreciate some help causing the clock to be off.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Maybe it's time to change the car battery? I had struts changed over yesterday and they left the key turned in the ignition, which drained the battery. They had to jumpstart it. It's the original AC Delco battery from 2006. Canadian Tire is having a sale on the new Eliminator Ultra batteries, so I picked one up and will change it soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced battery with a yellow top Optima before replacing alternator. It appears to be original AC Delco and tests ok. But the optima in anyway because of age.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Optima wasn't a very good choice, but isn't your clock issue. Are you saying that you set the time correctly, and it will be off by a large amount later?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Sorry to hear about your clock frustration, Alberta Impala! Kingnutin asked a great clarifying question. Have you indeed followed the owners manual's instructions for setting your clock (page 3-60)?

If you would like further assistance at any point, don't hesitate to send me a private message through the forum. I'm happy to research on your behalf!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts