Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been discussed here, I did a search, but found no results...

WhenI bought my 08 SS, I talked the dealer into repairing the paint in a few places, particularly a few rock chips on the front end. I will be taking the car in to have this done in a few weeks. To protect my new paint, I was going to put a clear bra on the front end. Has anyone here applied one? Pros / Cons? If not, I will provide tech on how I did it, unless someone here has a reason not to do this, such as the paint peeling under it, etc.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I have not done it myself, but I do have some brief knowledge of them.

They're great for helping the bumper stay nice, but after awhile some tend to build up dirt and such around the edges and it yellows and is really noticeable and ugly.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
heres a link Scotchgard my two sons have used it on there cars and the new 2011 ltz is haveing it instaled on next wed. it looks and protects very well. it think its worth the money. i know that some of the older stuff was poor and sun yellow but the 3m since 2007 has been good :eek:k3::eek:k3:

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I knew a guy that had it all around his Caliber. It seemed to work pretty good. It deffinately held up under us sliding servers in and out of his car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts