Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love these cars. Still working on getting parts together for the LTZ rear end swap. Also still trying to figure out what I want to do to replace the current pinstripe.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them best without pinstripes. If they're just tape, they'll pull right off.
Without any pinstripes it's just a little too naked/plain for me. I'd like to get someone to paint them on, maybe even outline the scalloped hood a bit. Also want to change the rims to make it look more like a sport sedan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about a pin stripe that would go with the quarter line on the back 3rd? Painted of course.
I've been looking into that. Another member has one like that on a white Impala with a blue stripe. It looks great

·
Registered
138 Posts
Without any pinstripes it's just a little too naked/plain for me. I'd like to get someone to paint them on, maybe even outline the scalloped hood a bit. Also want to change the rims to make it look more like a sport sedan.
OH NO!!! Not Nekkkkked!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Get rid of the pinstripes they look dumb on a modern car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been looking into that. Another member has one like that on a white Impala with a blue stripe. It looks great
I wonder who in the world you might be talking about! /images/ImpalaForums_toucan/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Hahaha yuppp. Love your ride man. Colors are perfect. And them emblems. I'm just not sure if it would look as good on mine with the colors basically reversed lol. Blue car with white/silver pinstripes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If thats what works for you then roll with it. I like a little something extra on my vehicle. No fun if it looks like everyone else's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have had more compliments on my car since the subtle changes I have made to include the pinstripes than before without them. I would venture to say many people would disagree with your assessment to include myself however, you are entitled to your opinion.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hahaha yuppp. Love your ride man. Colors are perfect. And them emblems. I'm just not sure if it would look as good on mine with the colors basically reversed lol. Blue car with white/silver pinstripes.
Thank you for the compliment. As for looking good on your car, it is your car. If that is what you like then do it! Only person you have to impress is you so I bet it will look great no matter what!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have had more compliments on my car since the subtle changes I have made to include the pinstripes than before without them. I would venture to say many people would disagree with your assessment to include myself however, you are entitled to your opinion.
Thank you.
I just don't like them on newer cars, most everyone I know feels the same way. I like the rest of your car just not the gaudy pinstriping.
If you like it however, drive it, you don't need to impress anyone but yourself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the pin stripping, mine is actually done the same way, on the body line. Vehicle is Silver the pin stripping is Burgundy though...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you.
I just don't like them on newer cars, most everyone I know feels the same way. I like the rest of your car just not the gaudy pinstriping.
If you like it however, drive it, you don't need to impress anyone but yourself.
I'll have to agree with the other fellas. I like something to add a little detail to a car. It's kind of boring if your ride looks like every single other car from the factory. USN24s car is exceptionally sharp. Kind of wish I would've gotten the Pearl coat now.

I do think OP should get some different wheels for his car. The chrome just doesn't contrast much away from that blue. Something like a hyper silver wheel or brushed aluminum would make it pop.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to agree with the other fellas. I like something to add a little detail to a car. It's kind of boring if your ride looks like every single other car from the factory. USN24s car is exceptionally sharp. Kind of wish I would've gotten the Pearl coat now.

I do think OP should get some different wheels for his car. The chrome just doesn't contrast much away from that blue. Something like a hyper silver wheel or brushed aluminum would make it pop.
Im working on the rims right now. I agree im not a fan of the chrome, especially in Michigan where we salt the hell out of everything. Another user swapped his out for 2013 Regal GS rims.. they look awesome. might try find a set of those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts