Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend for cleaning the leather dashboard? I used some Armour All wipes and it looks terrible. I was thinking maybe I should just use some soapy water and a dry towel? I would love to hear some suggestions.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Is the 9th gen leather or leatherette? If leather, I would use leather conditioner. Personally I use Zaino leather conditioner on my leather dash twice a year and then simply use a Swifter dry cloth in between to take off the dust as needed.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
@PX4855 - what do you mean by it looks "terrible"? Does the "shine" look uneven or something? Personally, I've grown to dislike the super-shiny armour all look. I now use a "natural shine" product for things like dashboards - looks clean without looking "fake".

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's leatherette, but I guess it could be leather.. I'm not sure honestly. It ended up leaving "shiny" streaks on the dash. I like jtrosky's recommendation.. I think I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It isn't leather it's actually a very soft plastic if I'm not mistaken.
I use Meguiars Natural Shine protectant on mine and it works great. You could also just use a damp microfiber towel but then it wouldn't add any shine. I like just a small amount of shine.

Reactions: PX4855

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
^^Agree - I also like the "Natural Shine" products - makes it looks nice without over-doing it.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't use anything with a silicone base, like Armor All. One of the best and easiest to find has already been mentioned .. 303.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
I use Meguiar's supreme shine.. Great product and doesn't smell too chemically..

Reactions: PX4855
1 - 10 of 10 Posts