Impala Forums banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
If I win I'll send you some free stickers. :giggle::beer::beer:

Ok here's two more pics. The first is one of each and the second is both ZXE's.
It is still really hard to tell in the pics.
However, when driving it is a total difference. It is noticeable EVERYWHERE!
Especially when on someones bumper at a light.
I drove to pick up my wife with only one ZXE in.
The passenger side of their cars looked yellower and more "bronze" than the drivers side which was crisp, bright colored.
The white light let you see the real color! :eek:k3:

Have y'all ever noticed when a BMW or someone with factory HID bulbs is behind you that your car makes a shadow in front of you?
Well that didn't happen tonight with these in.
I'm not saying they're as bright as HID's (that'd be stupid of me), but I am saying they're the same color.

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Definitely looks like a nice, bright white color :eek:k3:

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Yep!
When I got 'em they were the cheapest, and two other pairs were right above $30, shipped.
Today I looked and $45 was the cheapest.
You know how ebay is... :wink:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
So I got a question for ya. I had a set of these bulbs in my car before I put the HID's in. Had about 2 hours of total use on the bulbs. I bought them on vacation because one burnt out and now I can't return them. They are almost brand new. I was wondering if it would benefit me to put them in as my high beam bulbs? My high beam bulbs I have now, as really faded. Just wondering if it would be a nice upgrade and if it's possible to do. And yes they are very bright and nice white output!

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I was wondering if it would benefit me to put them in as my high beam bulbs?

Just wondering if it would be a nice upgrade and if it's possible to do
I know they'll fit into the plug.
I don't know if they'll fit in the headlight though because one of the three (locking) tabs on the H11 bulb are smaller than on an H9.

Can anyone else answer him???

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I have done the conversion of converting an H9 bulb to fit in an H11 socket/spot. So I'm guessing I'll just have to trim the metal part about 3mm and thats about it. The H9 has 2 tabs where the H11 only has 1 so that won't be an issue.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts