Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These douche bags get paid stupid money and they throw it all away to get wasted on a lunch break......wow, talk about shoulda waited till they got home!!!!

Chrysler Workers in Michigan Reportedly Caught Smoking, Drinking During Lunch Breaks - FoxNews.com

Workers at a Chrysler plant in Michigan have reportedly been caught on video smoking and drinking during lunch breaks.
Just ten months after revealing how some workers at the Chrysler Jefferson North Plant in Detroit spent their lunch hour drinking beer, another investigation by MyFoxDetroit.com found more of the same at Chrysler's Trenton Engine Plant in Trenton, Mich.
At least two workers told the station's investigative reporter they do not want to work with people who have been abusing drugs or alcohol prior to returning to work.
"It's dangerous," one employee reportedly said.
The latest video shows workers roughly a mile from the plant, but just steps away from a United Auto Workers hall.
In a statement to MyFoxDetroit.com, Chrysler said the conduct captured on tape was "unacceptable" and the workers would be suspended indefinitely without pay once they are identified.
"I just want to say I am both hurt and angered over what your cameras captured," said Scott Garberding, senior vice president of manufacturing.
"Again, we have Chrysler workers in a compromised position, without regard for the impact of their actions, the reputation of their coworkers, the plant, of the company, not to mention their own reputation and that of their families. As a company, in the last two years we've come too far and made way too much progress to let the bad actions of a few put a shadow on the rest of the employees," Garberding said.

Read more: Chrysler Workers in Michigan Reportedly Caught Smoking, Drinking During Lunch Breaks - FoxNews.com

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Thats just dumb. I work in manufacturing and theres no way I would want to work drunk or high, it would put my safety and the quality of my work at risk. People who do shit like this are just dumb. They either dont care about their job, which is dumb. or they think they can get away with it, which is even dumber. And this isnt coming from some straightedge or something. This is the opinion of a 20 year old who likes to drink and loves to smoke. But theres a difference between using and abusing. Work is not the place for things like that. Thats when you know you have a problem. when youre at work and you "need your fix." sure theres times I can't wait to get off and smoke a blunt. But I wait til im off.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for real dude, it's one thing if you're pushing a broom somewhere for not much pay, but when you're making good money and doing real work, there's something wrong with you if you need to spend your break getting fucked up.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Wow. Got to admit it does not surprise me though. Have you ever owned a Chrysler product? We all know that GM employees would NEVER do such things.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Its been mentioned before but Ill say it aswell.

That is so stupid!!! They deserve to get fired! And the impact on their families! Just to have a drink or smoke. Idiots! They have a job in these times and they put it at risk like this?

And putting their coworkes at risk aswell. It doest matter what you work as, drinking and smoking is NOT something you do at work. Its an instafire in my book.

Guess there´s an opening at Chrysler now then.

And being this stupid, I dont know if you deserve to get any kind of unemployment aid above basic food necessities. Morons!!! AHHHHH, I dont know why I get so upset about this!!? Maybe because I used to have employees of my own before.

·
Registered
808 Posts
That explains why the quality of Chrysler products are sub par at times.. Ya got these drunk fools putting them together..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I have to point out that this story came from fox news, you of all people here wimpy should know better than to take anything they say at face value. Is there anything to show that those pictures are even of chrystler employees? Let alone of them on lunch breaks? Have any news organizations reported on this? Or just the satyrical fox "news"?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Ok, had to check. I am a little confused about the smoking part though, as far as what the stories are reporting it's probably tobacco, when did that become against the rules?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
"Fox [2] caught several workers drinking and smoking both cigarettes and pipes."

Not sure what kind of pipes, not sure why the ciggy's are a big deal, though.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Ok, had to check. I am a little confused about the smoking part though, as far as what the stories are reporting it's probably tobacco, when did that become against the rules?
To me, it looks like the guy in the blue car is smoking a bowl

EDIT: Don't worry, he has his safety vest on.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to point out that this story came from fox news, you of all people here wimpy should know better than to take anything they say at face value. Is there anything to show that those pictures are even of chrystler employees? Let alone of them on lunch breaks? Have any news organizations reported on this? Or just the satyrical fox "news"?
LOL....yeah I know, I hated doing it, but that was the only headline, and admittedly, it wasn't till after I posted that I noticed it was from fox news, but yeah, can you believe they argued in court that the 1st amendment to the constitution gives them the right to lie and deceive the public? and WON....lol

no body smokes tabacco from a glass pipe, no body.....hand rolled cigs, all the time.....glass pipe, no lol

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I smoked sented tobacco from a glass pipe once. So it IS possible... :lol:

The report shouldve ended though before the reporters started excusing themselfs and telling everybody they were union members... Yehyehyeh, youre all saints reporting for the better of all and no personal gain... Where's the throw up smilie?

·
Registered
67 Posts
At the shop I work at there is me and one other guy. I do the mechanical work and some sheet metal repair and he does the final body work and paint. We ride to lunch together and he smokes him half a joint or so after we eat and before we go back to work. He dosent get all f-ck up or nothin. He is the best body guy I have ever met, he's been doing body work for 35 years, and has been smoking pot for 40 years. He actually painted two cars that sold at the barrett jackson action. I personally don't think him taking a few puffs at lunch is a bad thing, and neither does our boss for that matter. For me, I am a beer guy and drink a six pack a night. I can't work after drinking, I drink when I get home. I am actually just finishing number 4 right now. lol But my point is, I don't think a few guys drinking and smoking on lunch brake is going to hurt a big company like chrysler. One person posted that you wouldn't find this at a chevrolet plant. I beg to differ. If you look chrysler and chevrolet had to receive a government bailout to stay in business. I would be looking to see what the ford employees do on there lunch brake, they didn't need to receive a government bailout. :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
At the shop I work at there is me and one other guy. I do the mechanical work and some sheet metal repair and he does the final body work and paint. We ride to lunch together and he smokes him half a joint or so after we eat and before we go back to work. He dosent get all f-ck up or nothin. He is the best body guy I have ever met, he's been doing body work for 35 years, and has been smoking pot for 40 years. He actually painted two cars that sold at the barrett jackson action. I personally don't think him taking a few puffs at lunch is a bad thing, and neither does our boss for that matter. For me, I am a beer guy and drink a six pack a night. I can't work after drinking, I drink when I get home. I am actually just finishing number 4 right now. lol But my point is, I don't think a few guys drinking and smoking on lunch brake is going to hurt a big company like chrysler. One person posted that you wouldn't find this at a chevrolet plant. I beg to differ. If you look chrysler and chevrolet had to receive a government bailout to stay in business. I would be looking to see what the ford employees do on there lunch brake, they didn't need to receive a government bailout. :beer:
:beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts