Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind i'm a poor college student, so don't tell me both these cars suck and i should get a BMW or something, i kinda know that. But my friend had an LHS and it ran til 200,000 miles, and he ran the HECK out of it...and my other friend had a caprice 9c1(cop car edition) and it's STILL running at 230,000 miles, plus it's faster than you could imagine. So what should i get? I've narrowed it down to those two cars. Any input?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
either one of those car would last you if you took care of it, the caprice is probably a little better car though,and would hold up a lot better if you found one that hadn't been ran to death.other wise either car will make you a good one,good luck on the hunt,hope this helps.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Caprice is a better made car... I'd go with that college dude !!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go with the caprice,but if you can find a crown vic p71 interceptor,that is even better.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the Chrysler is probably somewhat smaller than the caprice so it might be easier to park.. I just compared the two models on the government's crash test site and the LHS has a better saftey rating then the caprice, but don't take my word for it check it out yourself I have the link in my source list.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't like chrysler, I'm a chevy guy all the way, but if your in college think about gas prices big time, the gas mileage on a caprice I know sucks balls, and if I'm not mistaken (which I could be) the LHS has a 6 cyl, and the caprice is an 8, ummm.... need I say more?

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are both good cars, the LHS will have the 3.5L v6, but is FWD. Now do or are you going to do the maintenance work? What condition are both cars as comparing for fixing things. The Caprice will be cheaper and easier to maintain. My neighbor drove a 95 LHS and he had to replace the entire front drive axle assembly and he did not beat his cars. The LHS is a fairly large comfortable car, and nice for winter driving but just compare the options, and gas mileage.... At least with the Caprice its a full frame perimeter and in my opinion the Caprice is safer. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts