Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Impala that was my first car in 2010. I had it for 10 years and looking to purchase something else. One is a 2014 LT Impala 2014 with 98,000 miles, 12,900 $. Another is black Impala LT LT1 99,000 miles 2017 at 14,950. Will I have any issues due to them being at higher miles? Ty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stay away from 4 cylinder versions and take more time to find some in the 60K mile range. There are a whole range of issues a 90K+ car needs, coolant flush, struts......

·
Registered
204 Posts
Of the two, I would go with the newer one as it is likepy to have been more freeway miles to put that many miles on so fast. But I would shop around longer for a lower mileage car in the 2014+ model years. If you don't mind getting thenolder body style, there are 2014-2016 Limited models that were made at the same time as the newest generation. The Limited have the same engine as the newest gen, but different body and different options. Limited were also likely to have been fleet vehicles (rentals). Which lowers the cost, but increases the risk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 07 Impala that was my first car in 2010. I had it for 10 years and looking to purchase something else. One is a 2014 LT Impala 2014 with 98,000 miles, 12,900 $. Another is black Impala LT LT1 99,000 miles 2017 at 14,950. Will I have any issues due to them being at higher miles? Ty.
Gosh! I wish I had decisions like those to make.. Mileage on both nearly same. You'll probably get equal amount of life from both, perhaps more from '17 coz it's newer. Color of paint and interior ur main decision - and overall condition of them. Both have 3.6 L V-6 engine? Or 4 cylinder engines? Go for V-6; 4's work too hard for car of size as them. Wheel style; spokes nice, mags nice.. ur choice. Any smoking or pets in car? How many owners? One owner most desirable. Your comfort behind wheel, seat, positions, wear on cushions and upholstery. Main thing; how does it run and shift? Oh... any navigation system? On-dash screen with back-up camera?
Decisions, decisions!
I like white on those cars and navy nice, too; vary with model year. Visit Avis-Hertz Rental car sales yard in ur area, usually several of them there, 4's and V-6's.. you can compare colors on them. Best of luck with all your picking!

Impala Steve
pice

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it doesn't have the V-6, dont buy it.

Reactions: Pat Currie

·
Registered
761 Posts
shop around, I had a 07' LT that i bought in 2008. Last year it basically shit the bed and I ended up finding a 14 Limited LT w/63K on the clock for I think around $10,500.
Edit: My bad I see you are looking for a new body style. Disregard my post lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
fyi-- the new body style (not classic) are soooo much better than the old model. handling, style, eveything (cept engine is same) is far superior
either one would prob work (14/17), but have a good look at them. one silly thing that i liked about my 14 ove the 15 was HD radio....for whatever @#[email protected]#ing reason, they took it out....wish i had it back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts