Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 2002 chevy impala 2002 with the 3400v6 base model and it started yesterday good and by time i leave work my car is having a really hard time going into reverse when i put it into R it sorta makes a baby jerk and dose notta but just rev up when i give it gas when i go to put it in drive it makes a very very small jump and then drives fine not one problem im think the other day i was coming to a stop an my brakes started acting up so i hit the e brakes slowing the car down fast got down to less then 6mph and it wasn't stopping so i put it in park at it slid and then stopped wait for about 5 min's to catch my self and then drove straight home with out 1 problem my dad thinks the trans might be messed up or need a fulid change /flush any help ?????

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Sounds like you should have the transmission check by an expert. I am not sure if the sudden shift to park from about 6 miles an hour caused any problems or not. This car may use an electronic shift system from the central computer in the car. Have you tired to see if their are any codes that the computer has to give? You can have the local auto parts store hook up their tester to your car and see. I hope it is something simple and not major.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts