Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can find an owner's manual for a 2003 chevy impala? like, on the internet anywhere? my mom is testing a used one and doesn't want to buy a book for a car she may not even buy. the owners can't find the original.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.mygmlink.com

You don't need to enter in VIN or other information to view the owner's manual... Plus, it's free.

If she's planning on buying an Impala, look at a few things closely:

Cooling System: IF possible get a pressure test done to make sure the intake manifold gaskets aren't leaking... If they are, don't buy the car.

Transmission: Make sure the fluid is red and clean, if it smells burnt or is dirty, don't buy the car. Also, take the car for a test drive. If it shifts hard or the transmission slips, that is indicative of serious transmission problems.

Electrtical: Make sure the turn signals work... The Hazard switch is known to go bad on these cars, which will make the turn signals not work, or only work sometimes... Also, check the multi-function switch (turn signals, wipers, high/low beams) to ensure it functions properly. These are another thing that goes bad and can be very costly to replace.

Exhaust: Have the catalytic converter checked, they are known to clog up on these cars. If it's clogged, have it replaced before buying.

If you get an Impala that was well cared for, they last for a long time. Mine is 8 years old, with 110,700 miles and it's still running strong. Also, if you have a choice, go with the LS over the base, as the 3.8L V6 is generally more reliable than the 3.4L V6.

Good Luck!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.mygmlink.com

You don't need to enter in VIN or other information to view the owner's manual... Plus, it's free.

If she's planning on buying an Impala, look at a few things closely:

Cooling System: IF possible get a pressure test done to make sure the intake manifold gaskets aren't leaking... If they are, don't buy the car.

Transmission: Make sure the fluid is red and clean, if it smells burnt or is dirty, don't buy the car. Also, take the car for a test drive. If it shifts hard or the transmission slips, that is indicative of serious transmission problems.

Electrtical: Make sure the turn signals work... The Hazard switch is known to go bad on these cars, which will make the turn signals not work, or only work sometimes... Also, check the multi-function switch (turn signals, wipers, high/low beams) to ensure it functions properly. These are another thing that goes bad and can be very costly to replace.

Exhaust: Have the catalytic converter checked, they are known to clog up on these cars. If it's clogged, have it replaced before buying.

If you get an Impala that was well cared for, they last for a long time. Mine is 8 years old, with 110,700 miles and it's still running strong. Also, if you have a choice, go with the LS over the base, as the 3.8L V6 is generally more reliable than the 3.4L V6.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts