Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know these two car are in two different classes but i cant decide.

2007 impala Ls

2007 cobalt Lt

i want something i can fix up to go fast and to customize.and of course good on gas.what do you think?

impala or cobalt??

thnxs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like the look of the Cobalt better, and it should get better gas mileage than the Impala. Chevy's website says the Cobalt gets about 30 MPG's....I'm not sure if that's really true, though.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
dont bother wasting time on the heavier FWD "impala" the cobalt SS has 260 horsepower with 198 at the wheels. Thats alot for a small car.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Im a bit biased ;)
but I still get between 28-31 mpg w/ the cruise set @ 82 mph...
Liked the cobalt, when they came out they had issues w/ wheel hop, blowing clutches, and 3rd gear, after being modded, but i dont know it could be sorted out by now.
GBA, he's looking @ the Cobalt LT, not the SS/SC, they only have the 148hp 2.2L, imo hes better off w/ the proven, more reliable 3800.
Roomier car, plenty of room in the trunk, and a top swap for about $1000 will put you in the 14s instead of high 15s-low16s. Add a cam or rockers w/ a 3.4 pulley, your mid 13s, IC will get you into sub 13s...

Just my .02

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
So true so true, thanks for waking me up to my oversight (LT/SS) In that case yes go for the 3800 series.... and they may show you the cheaper impala with the 3.4 but NEVER GET THE 3.4!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts