Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Caprice with a 350 Tbi engine completly stock i want to upgrade or swap it what will be the best way to roll and with what all input wanted a.s.a.p

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if ya have good compression and no serious problems with the motor ya got id would tune it well,add extras to increase hp/fuel economy,depending on what ya want.why swap if ya already have something to work with.less work anyway.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people who have that Make/Model car will drop a LT1/LT4 in there.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your best bet is what he said, drop an LT-1 into it. It will be a simple old engine pull and a new engine drop in process. you will probally be able to find a used LT-1 for around $2-3,000, or maybe even less, depends on mileage. the only problem i can see is if the computer will work with the LT-1. my opinion is go to someone who can tell you if it actually will work without problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since you already have a 350 L05, most people would be happy with the simple but respectively torquey motor already. Intake and exhaust upgrades would be the first start. To swap a LT1 would not be worth it. Better to sell your 93 and buy a 94-96 LT1. The Computers are different types/styles and the complete wire harness, etc would have to be done, If you are an experienced self-doer / inclined elec. mechanic, then do it, otherwise buy the car w/ stock done motor of your choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts