Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1991 chevrolet caprice and my a/c work but it blow hot air... my compressor work good and my hoses.. i went to auto zone and bought some freon and it was r13 but my car says r12...autozone said it be alright and i bought one can... i put it in and it still dont work.. do you think i should go get an a/c tune up and let them add more freon in it or go get some more? it hot as hell outside i stay in ga...its about 106 degrees outside

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless you have converted it to take r134 you are going to damage something so dont try to use it, take it in and tell them what you did. get a estimate because it may be very expensive to fix if the compressor is bad now.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have to convert your ACsystem over to R-134. mixing the two together is gonna mess your system up .open up your lines and blow them out with compressed air. also replace the orifice tube ( filter in the 3/8 line).get some AC foam at the parts store and clean out your lines then you replace those lines and make sure they dont have anyleaks in them by putting oil and leakdetector in your system. or better yet have a AC shop fill your system after you cleaned it. that way they can vacuum your system and add the right amount of freon in it

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, what you did was completely ruin your a/c system by putting r134a in a r12 system. It will cost more than the car is worth to get it straightened out. Go buy another junker.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, what you did was completely ruin your a/c system by putting r134a in a r12 system. It will cost more than the car is worth to get it straightened out. Go buy another junker.

I must agree. you should have had the system completely flush, then reoiled the compressor, BEFORE adding the new age freon. you just completely screwed your ac my friend! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts