Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i getting an 91 camero engine put in my 84 caprice i change the intake manifold to make it crab. and wanna know would there be any problem with doing this and also would that make my caprice faster
my caprice had an 305 engine that was going out and the camaro is an 305 also

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
make sure if you get a carb manifold that it works with the later 91 heads. there was a different bolt angle on the intake bolts.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As mentioned it depends on what engine it is. You shouldn't run into too many problems. You will have to buy an intake manifold for 87-95 center bolt heads, or modify the center bolt holes on an older intake. If it's a 350 you should see a bit better performance, a 305 would likely not be a noticeable improvement.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no such animal as a "Camero"; it's "Camaro". The answer to your question is it depends upon what size engine you're installing; is it a 350 that's replacing a 307? If it is, you may notice a slight improvement. Personally, I think you're wasting your money, but, hey..it's your money! Good luck!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on what motor you are getting out of the camaro. There should be no problrm switching it to a carb, if it's a Throttle body injection motor you won't even need to change the manifold, jut put the carb on it. It will prolly give you more power than whatever motor was in the caprice to start with, but again it depends on what motor you are getting. Some 91 camaros came with a 305, and some with a 350.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts