Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. I want new door sills. New ones would be great, but that's probably not going to be possible.

I live in Winnipeg. Does anyone know where I can go to buy the door sills? Perhaps someone can build custom sills for me out of aluminum?

Thanks

Mike

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll tell ya what man - get ya some smooth ones.

Cut them down if ya need to, file them smooth where you cut, and attach

Here is a really good place for the parts :
http://www.okperformance.com/page9.html

Nothin like a smooth aluminum sill plate to set off the entrance to your caprice.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried your local Chevy dealer? You would be surprised at what we still carry. Also ,try gmpartsdirect.com. We still have emblems for 1957 Corvette "fuel injection"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike I had a 1990 chevy caprice wagon, and use to order a lot of parts from JCWHITNEY.....Do a search on google and I am sure you will be able to find them. Go to there web-site and have them send you a free catalog.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve their site is jcwhtney.com I was just there the other day looking for parts for someone.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For old/obscure parts your best bets are to scour junkyards (don't be afraid to drive a little ways, and call ahead, they may be able to tell you if they at least have the car you're looking for), and keep an eye open on ebay.

S
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check your GM dealer parts department vintage parts catalog.

Did you know that a lot of the 1977 to 1990 Impala/ Caprice body and mechanical parts are interchangeable ?

Web sites to try are: www.gmparts direct.com
www.goodmarkindustries.com
www.mygmlink.com
www.classicindustries.com
www.partstrain.com
www.yearone.com
www.automobilearchives.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts