Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted you all to see what I have wanted to do for a couple of years now. Finally got the guts, deer decided to run down the side so I figured what the heck while in shop I'll have them add a few stripes. 08' GM color.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I'm more of a 'stripes all the way down" guy, but I think it looks good!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was $300.00, Stripe guy came to body shop and I told him what I wanted, which was a little hard to explain, but after a few minutes and some interaction with the paint guy, this is it. As far as over the top, I was afraid that it might have been too much. I wanted a "Factory" look and this is what I came up with. I can always add on. Thanks for the nice comments.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I think it looks great, and aside from going partway down the trunk lid, it's how the General did them back in the day! That's how I feel they should always be done, leading edge to trailing edge. Tone on tone looks great too!

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Love it..... I personally would have gone "over the top" but thats just me.... Looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Looks nice... I like it that you kept the stripes off the roof. Lets see more pics.

is the SS on the front grill upside down?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
SS looks upside down to me..... I kinda like the stripe look. Not going to do it, but kinda like it. Nice job integrating the stripes onto the spoiler too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha Ha, LOL

Yes I believe you are correct, it looks to me that I put the front one on upside down. They are so close only a true Impala owner would pick that up. I will have to fix it. I got the tips from Jegs when I put on my Flowmasters.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks good, noticeable but subtle enough to be a nice touch, good color choice. Most other colors would be too drastic I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lets Do It

Too bad I'm in N.Y., Scary looking off the line with the smoke show and all but thats about it and it gets too embarassing if the trac control takes over with the chugging that it does. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts