Impala Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was up to normal operating temps, idling in line at Dunkin, when the radiator let go in spectacular fashion. Here is the resulting carnage. This looks like a parts failure to me, the radiator cap would be letting pressure off long before this should be over-pressurized to the point where this would occur. Very strange to say the least. New radiator is in, along with a flush and fresh coolant and a new thremostat. I didn't find anything weird when heat cycling the car, seems to work just like it should. I guess you see something new every day - I've never seen a radiator split down the side like this before!

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! Sorry to hear that happened to you. was that your '07?
Correct, the 2007 Impala SS. It has 132k miles on, I'm not sure that's the original radiator, but seems like it might be. Totally odd, and a major inconvenience. Such is life.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Wow! I hope you were at least able to get your donut and coffee. It's an unusual failure.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow only time I seen that was after some front end damage. My 00 was hit in a lot on pass side. That was my radiator after. Person didn't even leave a note so light grill radiator... :) glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
Radiator failure in a parking lot is the best possible outcome.

That could have really ruined your day had that have happened at 80 on the interstate in heavy traffic.

You got to eat a donut and drink coffee until help arrived; nice!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wow only time I seen that was after some front end damage. My 00 was hit in a lot on pass side. That was my radiator after. Person didn't even leave a note so light grill radiator... :) glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Man people get to me sometimes, I consider writing a note if I even so much as sneeze in the direction of someone's car. Nothing raises my blood pressure more than seeing unexplainable damage on my vehicle. I'm just getting stressed thinking about it. :gaah: sorry to hear that happened to you.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Don't want to stress anyone out about it... I have to say it used to Stess me out but now I just try and do what I can to PARK as far away from others I can LOL.. Don't be sorry unless it was you LOL JK!!!

James

·
Registered
461 Posts
Don't want to stress anyone out about it... I have to say it used to Stess me out but now I just try and do what I can to PARK as far away from others I can LOL.. Don't be sorry unless it was you LOL JK!!!

James
No don't worry you didn't stress me out its something I'm always thinking about Lol. But yeah I do the same, I park as far as I can away or at least in a stall located by a curb or at the end of a row or something. That way people can only park on one side of me.

Reactions: Revo2Maxx2016

·
Super Moderator
3,949 Posts
Years back a friend stopped at a farm I worked on, left his Dad's truck running in the driveway as it was dead of winter and above the 47th parallel. Sidetank blewup like chunks, towed that 3/4ton extended cab long box Furd home with my little half ton regular cab short bed Chevy. The teenage buys Furd/Chevy argument was settled for the time being.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.