Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mental

This guy selling that car is just escaped from a mental institute bucause he's retarted for asking that much on a stock car. I dont care if its only got 20k miles and a 6 speed from factory theres no need for asking that much for one of these cars in a good stock condition.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I saw that he had an offer for it, I wonder how much the person offered him.

I would not pay that price for a new car let alone one that is 15 years old.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry, but you guys are missing the point. GM cleared out all its older one-offs and engineering mules recently. If it is the genuine article (and it sounds like it is), then it is worth some $$$. There is a HUGE difference in collector value between the only factory built 6-speed car and even a good conversion done by anyone else.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Granted, but since this car has a salvage title how do you prove it is not a knock-off? Remember it does not have the WX3 code. And why does it have a salvage title to begin with? Sound more 'fishy' then 'legit' to me.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Some states will not register a salvage title car. I heard that alot of the one off mules that GM let go could not be registered period.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Granted, but since this car has a salvage title how do you prove it is not a knock-off? Remember it does not have the WX3 code. And why does it have a salvage title to begin with? Sound more 'fishy' then 'legit' to me.
This is a collector car, not one you buy to drive everyday. The original auction information (Barrett-Jackson?) did specify a salvage title for many of the cars. The salvage title and lack of WX3 on the SPID label does not change the value for this particular car. GM did it that way for whatever reason. The purchasers were provided documentation of the car's authenticity. As long as that documentation is intact and the car's condition is as-delivered (or maybe lightly restored), the car's value is intact.

There was also a factory big block SS, a factory SS wagon, and a factory SS El Camino conversion sold at that time.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hmmm yeah the salvag title is wierd i live in colorado and my car was a salvage title and i registered it w/ no problem except the disclaimer form which lets the buyer know its a salvage title

and the auto tran code thats wierd to might be a fake:confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
FWIW, if it was a mule car, it was prob taken off the line and then modified, thus the trans code, cant spea the same for the WX3 code though, IIRC the orig SS Wimpala (2000ish model year) w. the LS block was tagged L36 (3800 N/A) when it sold at auction

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
but dont get me wrong if i had millions to spend id own it like all 6th gen admirers and most impala owners would ....!!!!!:biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts