Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 had a minor accident on passenger side. 1st the change oil light came on when it was changed recently. Now the check engine light is on. Mechanic could not find issue and no codes indicating what is wrong. Could these lights have anything to do with the accident?

·
Registered
222 Posts
You will have to read the codes to know what is going on. The oil change indication, somebody may have forgotten to reset it last oil change

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
When you say "no codes indicating what was wrong", do you mean no codes at all?

·
Registered
954 Posts
2012 Impala LS, I see you're already receiving DIY help from forum members, so I wanted to let you know I'm available if you would like to involve your dealership at any point! Customer Service is always happy to step in and work with your dealer towards a resolution, so please send me a private message anytime for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
641 Posts
His mechanic was probably using an aftermarket scanner. I have one from LAUNCH (MAC tools ET95) and i have had several instances that the check engine light was on and it told me "no codes stored". Take your vehicle elsewhere that that a Tech 2 and get the codes read.

·
Registered
222 Posts
True enough. Use what the manufacturer uses, Tech2 for GM, TechStream for Toyota, etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts