Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need a little help here... searching for answers..
Problem that already known: power steering fluid is leaking
At first I thought it was the oil leaking out... but when I took it in to see where the oil was coming from mechanic said no oil was coming out it was power steering fluids...and it is fixable... cheap fixable...

But the problem is now... Got home tonite and check engine light jumped on and it was making a loud humming noise for instance like the fan was on or something...

Give a girl some advice or broad idea.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Obd I

I got a 95 SS and when a check engine light comes on I get the code using a OBD I because the OBD II starts with 96 and above. Once I get the code I go from there. I am just giving advice from my experience and I hope this helps.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Take it to your local auto parts store and ask them to check the code for you and to look it up. If they cannot look up the code definition, ask them to just find what code number is triggering the light and I will look it up for you when I get to my shop and think of some things for you to check for:) Happy holidays

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Unfortunitly most auto part stores can not, or is it will not, check the OBD-1 series cars any more. She may have to buy the code reader that flashes a LED or the Check Engine lamp and count the flashes to retrieve the code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts