Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. New here, first post. Just picked up a 2006 Impala LT with 22,000 miles. It still has the stock wheels and tires. I was looking at getting some snow tires, I have snow on the roads Oct-Apr where I live. What I was wondering was does anyone know of a source for steel wheels? I want my snows mounted on separate wheels so I do not have to keep unmounting and remounting tires on the stock wheels twice a year. Looking for cheap, well fitting wheels. Looks are not a concern, just function. I have not been able to locate 16x7 steel wheels locally with the proper offset.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
get some 9C1 police steelies
Second this. Look on your local craigslist. Any year from 00-11 will work. A lot of people (myself included) like the look of the police wheels, and some even run them in the summer because of the looks.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I have not been able to locate 16x7 steel wheels locally with the proper offset.
Second this. Look on your local craigslist. Any year from 00-11 will work. A lot of people (myself included) like the look of the police wheels, and some even run them in the summer because of the looks.
Read the OP guys :eek:k3:

To OP: There are plenty of sites just do some searching around

http://www.discounttire.com/WheelsUnder100.html

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/index.jsp

http://www.wheelmax.com/

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Read the OP guys :eek:k3:
I did read the OP. Just because he couldn't find "steelies" doesn't mean they aren't there. I don't know what search terms he used on craigslist, but if I had to venture a guess, I would say he didn't include "police" "9c1" or "cop" in the searches.

It will take some time to find a set locally. It took me 2 months or searching craigslist daily to find a set for my buddy's car. I would also recommend that you look in junkyards for Impalas with steel wheels. Again, any Imp steelies from 00-11 will fit without problem. I would guess the '12s would fit too, but I've heard that they are 17"

Good luck

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Chevrolet Impala Wheels and Rims at Andy's Auto Sport ... the 1st 10 wheels would be like $112 each shipped to your door. Only a few bucks more than stockers and worth it in my book if you ask me. I love my Vision Autobahn 168 fwds! They take a lot of abuse and are holding up fine for over 5 months not and they are in mud on dirt roads everyday.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
^Thats the 17" '12-13 9C1 wheel.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
I found a set 1/2 hour from me, 4 w/hubcaps and 2 tires, all for $50. the wheels had a ton of surface rust though

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
1 Wheel Impala 1007446 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 Steel w TPMS | eBay

$90 OBO per wheel. Guys got like 6 or something. Put in an offer of $80/wheel and see what happens.
The pic states "this is the same part you are receiving" leads me to believe the one's you are infact getting are in worse condition. Otherwise he would have just posted pics of the actual one's. Atleast I would to show people what good cond they were in. Personally, stuff like this would scare me away. Who knows, they could show up at the front door bent in half. But, ebay buyer protection would have you covered. None the less It would be dissapointing.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
^I tend to think it has more to do with the fact that since it is the same product why take 6 pics (or however many) of the same thing, when they all look the same anyways. That's what I would do and I have been on eBay since 06.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Never say this quote to a cop " I want your center caps, turn your head for a minute"...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
The pic states "this is the same part you are receiving" leads me to believe the one's you are infact getting are in worse condition. Otherwise he would have just posted pics of the actual one's. Atleast I would to show people what good cond they were in. Personally, stuff like this would scare me away. Who knows, they could show up at the front door bent in half. But, ebay buyer protection would have you covered. None the less It would be dissapointing.
Sounds like internet dating... Ever seen the show catfish :giggle:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Sounds like internet dating... Ever seen the show catfish :giggle:
Have not seen it

Never say this quote to a cop after getting pulled over for speeding: "Good thing you didn't see me about a 2 miles back when I was doing 25 over". I did this! What can he do? Nothing, no proof

or

"Does the city need money that bad"

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
My buddy is getting ready to sell his 9C1 wheels. They'd be cheaper than any of these options, but you'd have to pay shipping from Maryland

1 - 16 of 16 Posts