Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some charger wheels up for sale he says the tires are half tread and the wheels are good condition even though the second pic looks like ones bent he hasn't responded yet but what Do you think is fair to offer him granted none are bent.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, those rims were for sale about 2 months ago, for 250-300. At that time, the ad stated one was bent, but still held air.

I do remember the ad didn't state the brand of wheels (I had same brand on my car at the time). So, maybe they bumped the price due to the brand?

Again, I could be wrong, but I remember seeing them when I was looking for new rims for my car.

Either way, I personally wouldn't offer any more than $200-250, since the one does look bent. If it's not (somehow), maybe $300-ish. Another thing to consider, depending on the size of the tires, you may not be able to use them, due to them being too tall.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Some of the best looking 8th gen Impalas on this site are running Dodge wheels (usually from a Charger). Personally, I think they look better than *any* Chevy wheel - and they are a direct bolt-on (5x115) - no need to install adapters to make them fit - unlike some newer Chevy wheels (such as 5x120 Chevy wheels).

In fact, I liked the Charger wheels on the 8th gens so much, I put some on my 2012 as well! :) One of my favorite mods. Dodge has some really nice, sporty looking stock wheels - unlike Chevy.

That being said, I would stay away from these particular wheels because of the bend - regardless of whether or not they still hold air.

But everyone has different tastes..

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
You don't have any rubbing issues with how far those wheels stick out? Personally, I don't like larger wheels on these cars - or "lowered" cars for that matter (I'm old!) - in fact, I actually *raised* the rear end of my 2012 - but I'm really curious if you can go around a somewhat-sharp bend at faster speeds without those front tires rubbing the fenders - or does the the suspension have absolutely no "give" at all (and rides like a truck)? One of the reasons that I raised the rear end a little was so that I didn't have to worry about the tires rubbing the fenders under certain scenarios (my Charger wheels stick out further than stock, but nowhere near as far as yours). I also raised the rear end because it always looked like it was "sagging" to me.

Personally, I want the ability to put whatever I need in the trunk, not worry about "babying" the car when going around bends, driving on imperfect roads, over speed bumps, etc, etc, etc. Just never really understood the whole "lowered" thing - to me, it just looks like the suspension is wore out and "sagging". :)

But lowering seems to be "all the rage" with the younger folks (along with black wheels, black roofs and avoiding chrome like the plague!). :)

But I actually prefer most of the Charger wheels over the Camaro or the Corvette wheels on these cars. To each their own though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh I completely understand. Different people have different taste, that's all.

As far as clearance in the wheels and fenders go, I'm honestly surprised that there is no rubbing or turning issues with the vehicle. I thought I was going to have to do a lot of modifications just to clear the fender but all I did was a fender roll. And the ride is still amazing.

And I agree, everyone is loving the black rims, I personally don't like them. I prefer chrome or polished look gives it the old American Muscle look

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
While we're at it.... :) Some more Charger wheels on an Impala!

I actually think that the Charger wheels look better on the Impala than they do on the Charger! :) When it comes down do it, Mopar wheels are just another "brand" of wheels like any other wheel brand. It really makes no difference whatsoever in terms of how the wheel looks and performs. It would be silly to "ignore" a whole group of great-looking, inexpensive wheels just because they originally came on a Dodge instead of a Chevy...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, I can't say they're hideous, your Impala looks bad ass to be honest, but I just wouldn't do it. That's just me. And if I were to choose mopar rims to throw on my ugly LT it'd be the SRT's nothing else. But good shit on your Imp bro

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got these on the shelf. Would they pass? (w/o the Dodge centercaps of course,like what I have now)
Those are some good looking rims my man. Those come off a charger? And I hope you don't think I'm talking shit about what rims or style you prefer, it's more of a personal opinion on my end. And you have a nice looking Impala. Any upgrades or mods under the hood or exhaust and such?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Besides the design of a lot of the Mopar wheels, I also like the offsets they use (somewhere around +20->+25). Even though the rims aren't much wider than my stock wheels, they stick out further and line up perfectly with the fenders. Just gives the car a nice, sporty look without having wheels that are so wide that they cause fitment issues.

Whereas most GM wheels I've seen all use really high offsets (+45 or higher).

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have a set of those challenger rims in my garage brand new. wouldn't dare put them on my impala tho. factory michelin tires to match also pulled off my challenger at 7miles

·
Registered
319 Posts
Those are some good looking rims my man. Those come off a charger? And I hope you don't think I'm talking shit about what rims or style you prefer, it's more of a personal opinion on my end. And you have a nice looking Impala. Any upgrades or mods under the hood or exhaust and such?
It's all good...you're just comin' in a lil' strong. Yup,off a Charger. Thank you for the compliment. As far as under the hood,I've done my own CAI,Overkill tune,"dual exhaust" with SLP Superflo's...Magnaflow tips. If I don't supercharge it this spring,I aim to the following year. Just hit 65K,so I have a lil' time.

Just to add,GMPP suspension...bigger sways,boxed trailing arms...rear STB w/Don Rome brackets.

Let me/us know when you get your Mopar rims installed...or when you're ready to make an offer on mine. lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The guy never even responded but I was going to offer him $200 if the one wasn't bent....saw these 20s but I think considering they are probably 285s or even bigger it wouldn't be too fun. I still did a little rendering on rimulator just for fun ...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts