Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2009 Chevy Impala LT 3.5 V6 Non Flex Fuel

Has anyone managed to change out the instrument dash cluster light to led? Hvac? I planned on changing all the lights to blue, including the door lock,window switches, Hvac, headlight switch, everything. just figured I would buy 12V leds, either 3mm and or surface mount. Any thought or comments? thanks:beer:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after doing some searching around on the ss forums and that someone has already taken it apart (instrument cluster) its just warm white surface mounted leds. so I would have to replace the face plate as well.

Chevrolet Impala Glow Gauges | eBay

If someone else comes across a good face plate let me know thanks! (black with clear inlays)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I have swapped out the lights in my cluster for LED's and also swapped the gauge face for the SS style one. The factory ones for any thing but the SS have a greenish tint to them, that when I swapped the Red LED's in made the output terrible. Its very easy to do. You need wide angle LED's of there will be bad hotspots. The gauge faces above wont work as they are just covers for the gauge face rather then replacements.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have swapped out the lights in my cluster for LED's and also swapped the gauge face for the SS style one. The factory ones for any thing but the SS have a greenish tint to them, that when I swapped the Red LED's in made the output terrible. Its very easy to do. You need wide angle LED's of there will be bad hotspots. The gauge faces above wont work as they are just covers for the gauge face rather then replacements.
Thanks for the response. do you have any links for these gauge faces and leds that will work? Also can you take a pic of yours during daytime and nighttime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts