Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car would make a clicking noise for months when we would change the air controls. We figured out that it was the blend door actuators, I ordered two and my husband changed the first one on the passenger side all the way to the left. We stated the car to hear where the other one was making the clicking noise, and turned the car off. It was on the driver's side, he changed that one and now the car will not start, and the key won't come out or turn. The thing that you press in to shift it will not press in. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Could this be a wire?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Try jiggling the wheel while turning the key. Mine locked up one time and that's what it took to get it out. May have to pull hard when doing this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were able to get the key out by pressing a release button on the bottom of the steering column, but when we put the key back and try to start it still will not start. The instrument panel lights up but nothing else happens.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Likely the battery was run dead because you left the door open and the dome light was on while changing the blend door actuator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery ended up being okay, somehow a fuse blew. We replaced that and now all is good. Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Glad you got it all set. What fuse blew that prevented the car from being started?

·
Banned
667 Posts
Likely the battery was run dead because you left the door open and the dome light was on while changing the blend door actuator.
I have left the interior lights on over night before for about 12 hours was able to start with out issue.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The 7th and 8th gens will shut off the interior lights after about 10 minutes if they are left on, whether that be a maplight, domelight, or leaving the door open.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
The 7th and 8th gens will shut off the interior lights after about 10 minutes if they are left on, whether that be a maplight, domelight, or leaving the door open.
Yes sir that is correct. So, I would like to know how he left his on for 12hrs :dunno:

All lights are auto-shutoff

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I am not sure about the door open being auto shut off.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I am not sure about the door open being auto shut off.
Yes interior lights still have auto shut off even with doors open. Have done this many times while cleaning out interior and working on my car.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ ok, but what about 8th gens? They took away lots of stuff that made sense when the made the 8th gen.... :)

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ ok, but what about 8th gens? They took away lots of stuff that made sense when the made the 8th gen.... :)
Not sure about 8th gens but, I am sure someone will chime in

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Same on 8th gens, I do it all the time. However, I can't recall if the trunk light goes off or not. I know it stays on in the chargers, but I can't remember for sure on the impalas.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Same on 8th gens, I do it all the time. However, I can't recall if the trunk light goes off or not. I know it stays on in the chargers, but I can't remember for sure on the impalas.

This is a feature ALL cars should have but, they don't.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
so if my car does it when turning the knob that controls the speed, which actuator am i looking for? and is there a specific part number?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts