Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just got this car maybe 3 months ago, i changed the oil as soon as i got it, full synthetic 5-30w i think was what i put in it (i got the bottle in my shed so i can check again later). so today we were leaving walmart, i started it up and the change engine oil light came on but the oil is only maybe 2months old. so whats going on?? does the computer just go off of how many miles its been drivin or????

·
Registered
56 Posts
well idk if this is the same with urs but my family has 3 difernt cars with that problem and there is nothing wrong with it.

1 90 suburban - always on
2 89 blazer - rando on/off
3 86 grand prix only comes on when u are over 60 mph

so it might mean that there is nothing wrong with ur engine or oil. best bet is to take it some where and ask it could just be a bad sensor

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah - you probably didn't reset your oil life button when you changed oil. I've got an '01 and forgotten to reset. 500 miles later my wife is like "The oil life light is on!"

The '01 looks at just the mileage. I've got a co-worker that has a new Honda - and his oil light didn't come on til 10 K ! Dealership says its normal. the computer must be looking at how hard he drives and how cold and highways miles and..... whatever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts