Impala Forums banner

Central KY parts?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ofc_Friendly 
#1 ·
Title pretty much says it all. Looking for parts in Central KY. My driver seat is shot, I hate the interior color, need a few pieces for the dash, and I could use some suspension and brake parts. Anyone know of some scrap yards around here that deal in these old boats?

#2 ·
I see you're from Perryville. I grew up in Elizabethtown (but moved away many years ago). I have a friend there who works at Nichols Auto parts - he might be able to help.

That said, before you drive an hour plus, I'd check out the local salvage yards near where you are. In my experience, at least in the past, most used parts operations were networked in with other places in the area and could find stuff elsewhere when they didn't have it on hand. That said, the web may have changed how things work now. (Maybe the dealers aren't so well networked nowadays and just let google be their network.)

A bit of googling turned up this site: Junkyards in Perryville, KY - Auto Salvage Parts

It looks like it might be a good start. The website has a map showing about 8 wrecking yards within an hour of you.

Doug

#4 ·
I've found some parts at a place in Frankfort. I think the name was L&M Salvage. Also in Louisville, there is at least one Pick-a-Part type of place I've been to, and their prices seem to be better than regular junkyards too. There is also a place in Georgetown that I've bought stuff from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.