Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching this forum and was wondering if any body has had this type of scenario?
A little history I have a 2007 LT 3.9 with 170,000 miles, original air cleaner, battery is almost 3 years old, plugs original, and sensors are original.

Symptoms, include rough shifting, stays in 6cyl mode, stabilitrak light stays on even after CEL reset. resetting CEL causes engine to die.

The definitions I received;
P0102, Mass or Volume air flow input circuit low.
P0113 Intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high input.

I was thinking that maybe I should start with a set of plugs and an air filter.
If anybody else has had this problem I would appreciate any input as to what course of actions they took.
Is there anyway to reset the stabilitrak light or does the repair of the malfunction causing the light turn off the light?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good idea to check air flow ( air filter) and change plugs. You could try cleaning the MAF sensor. Also clean check MAF wires/connector for good mechanical/electrical contact.
Check for correct voltage and ground to the sensor.
If these are normal than sensor itself at fault.

See: Troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm

MAF Sensor Connector Pin Out

Pin Wire Color Description A Yellow MAF Sensor Signal Output B Black w/ White stripe Chassis Ground C Pink 12 V. Ignition Fused Feed D Tan Intake Air Temp (IAT) Sensor 5 Volts E Black Intake Air Temp (IAT) Sensor Ground

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Agree with these guys - definitely replace the air filter first! If it truly is the original air filter, it could be so clogged that the engine just isn't getting the proper amount of air...

I would also try cleaning the MAF - but if you do so, make sure you use the proper MAF cleaner! Otherwise, you may end up destroying a perfectly good MAF.

Curious to hear what you find out!

Also, you can try turning Stabilitrak off - press and hold the traction control button for about 5 seconds - until you get a message that stabilitrak is disabled.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I had not had any real electrical issues I figured to follow the indication and try to erase/ clear the CEL traction lights first.
The CEL message, low flow + high air temp, Sounds like restricted air flow.
So I proceeded with the most economical, replace the air filter as recommended, it was the original still had the GM part number on it
While under the hood I saw that the battery connection was in dire need of attention.
I disconnected the battery and cleaned both terminals on battery and on car. Re-connected, re-torqued, and sealed battery terminals.
The messages seem to be cleared after 50 miles and at least 10 starts. I will update to let you know if this returns. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also had the P0102. Cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaning spray, but didn't help. Ended up having to buy a new one. Code went away after a ten mile drive and engine runs fine now. Cost me $130, but a very easy install.

2002 Impala 3.8L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts