Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just spent some time last night installing this Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Vehicle LookUp | 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS

I got it from Summit Racing for $424 shipped, it is the first exhaust I have found for the SS besides Corsa (~$1200). The installation was pretty straight forward, everything needed came with the kit. Total time I would say around 5 hours - most of that being due to the little garage space I had available and adjusting the new piping after getting it on the car.

This kit can be used for the Impala, Grand Prix and Monte Carlo - that being said there are a few extra exhaust hangers on the piping than the Impala uses, not a problem though. It is an all clamp-on kit which is nice if you ever want to remove it or experiment with different mufflers.

Now for the sound. Just like another person said I read in some reviews "Its not loud but it is surely noticeable over stock." It has a nice rumble at idle and gets a little louder when the car is accelerating through gears 1 & 2. But once OD kicks in it quiets down to a low rumble on the highway. It doesnt sound like any of those riced out Civics or Integras, it sounds like what should have been stock :D

Pictures to come

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
looks good, good choice of tips too!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Those tips came with the kit and ended up looking better than I expected, they looked huge when I took them out of the box.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
hah! thats what she said! :yahoo:

·
Registered
292 Posts
That system looks great, I like to use the Stainless Steel band clamps so I can take things apart. My Son has a 2002 IMPALA LS. Have you done anything with the intake side of the engine? Some guys have built a cold air intake that locates the air filter in the left fender using stuff from Home Depot..

Have a look here W Body Store

Good Luck...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That system looks great, I like to use the Stainless Steel band clamps so I can take things apart. My Son has a 2002 IMPALA LS. Have you done anything with the intake side of the engine? Some guys have built a cold air intake that locates the air filter in the left fender using stuff from Home Depot..

Have a look here W Body Store

Good Luck...
Thanks. The clamps are a huge plus, every car I have owned was always weld or bolt or both. Right now I have a basic intake, polished pipe with a K&N cone filter. I am looking into either a fender well kit or a cold air box - havent deiced which I want.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's interesting. Those tips are shown in the factory photo but they aren't the ones that came with it as you can see. Did you get any rebate with the kit? I get $75 back on a card

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup i got the rebate too...i got mine about a year ago...i dont know if that makes a difference...i also did NOT get clamps for the tips (not like i used those tips anyway)
Probably not I was just curious how long they have been doing the rebates or selling this kit for that matter, took me forever to find one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts