Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had a 2003 Chevy Impala 3400 passed down to me, its only got 60K miles. After having the head gasket and intake gaskets shitting out and having them replaced with all metal ones I'm ready to do a few small aesthetic changes and what not. I realize there isn't a huge aftermarket for the 3.4L but I was looking into new exhaust or muffler and I'm stuck. I was considering a magnaflow catback(#16729) but the 800 dollar price tag is really unattractive lol. I was talking to someone tonight and they said that a flow master super 44 muffler or something along those lines would be alright. So basically, should I fork over the money for a catback setup or should I just get a nice sounding muffler and have it welded?

Bonus question: What are some good maintenance tips for the 3400 and also does anyone have any thoughts on a overkill tune for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Not sure if Overkill does the 3.4. I don't see it on his website. Maybe some of the guys on here know?
I have super 44s on my 3.8 and it sounds pretty good. It'll sound a tad bit meaner than stock with the cat and res still on.
Plugs and wires every 50-100,000 miles. Air filter every 10,000. Maybe a good time for cabin air filter too. Change or flush power steering fluid soon to save your rack. Flush dexcool and/or replace with green coolant. Change trans fluid, don't flush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts