Impala Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
For as "progressive" as california claims to be, they are awfully oppressive...
It seems to me that Cali believes everyone thinks they are the standard and so omgagainstpollution, when really most I talk to consider them a pile of pretentious twats. Keep smelling your farts, boys.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I understand they had a huge smog problem, but that was from industry, not so much cars. So why are they overregulating the population and underregulating business?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Smog problem here was really bad growing up in the 80'/90's. Smog Lung, acid rain, plus all the malathion shit they were spraying us no wonder so many of my generation are growing up with adult onset asthma or cancer or having kids with asthma problems.

I will say this, the air is MUCH cleaner now, and for that, I applaud the state for enforcing clean air rules. HOWEVER, our legislators still suffer from delusions of grandeur and mission creep and see us peons as revenue generators if we don't toe their line.

The fact that the OP has to now jump through hurdles for a replacement cat is a prime example of the mission creep that is making living here a hassle.

As for regulating businesses, if you live here, you've heard for the past 10 years at least spoiled rotten corporations acting like children and complaining about over regulation. However, plenty of industries thrive here, because they are smart enough to allocate capital for environmental regulations that they are forewarned about years in advance. My last employer tried to call the states bluff, laying off workers due to 'over regulation at the environmental level', the state called their bluff, and the company folded shop (not before the execs cashed out) and in their place will be a competitor who was smart enough to adapt to California's regulatory environment.

Anyhoo, it sucks here when it comes to fees/fines/regulations but it's not all for naught. If our legislators can scale back their constant pilfering of our pocketbooks and legislating piles of regulations at every single level of government, this place might actually be a tolerable place to live.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts