Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased an Overkill tune and so far I love it. But I need to do a CASE relearn to get my check engine light to go off and complete the install, but after calling around and asking a few places if they could do the relearn I quickly learned that most places need the car all day for a 2 minute job and most of them said they would have to flash the computer. Well, I'm not taking the chance that Joe Bob mechanic is going to flash away my tune then charge me $50 - $100 to do so. So I've been looking into inexpensive ways to do my own CASE relearn and I have found two solutions that could resolve my issue and make my Impala look a little cooler. I wanted to see if anyone has used Aero Force or Dash Boss? Or if anyone has any comments about either. I hear that the guy that worked on the MSD Dashhawk designed the Dash Boss and is an avid Trail Blazer SS fan. Any input is greatly apresiated.

Aero Force Interceptor
Pros - Standard size gauge, Made in USA, CASE relearn, customizable
Cons - small buttons

Dash Boss
Pros - Made in USA, CASE relearn, bluetooth to iPhone, big buttons
Cons - Uses iPhone (what if I need to make a call or my car has bluetooth for audio stream), mounting phone can be bulky

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had this same issue and my recommendation is, if you live in a semi-populated area, post an ad on Craigslist saying you'll pay someone $25 to do the case relearn in their backyard. Worked out great for me. I brought the car over to this guy's house, he brought out the scanner thing, and we were all done in about 5 minutes. He's a local mechanic in another town.

·
Registered
1 Posts
. I hear that the guy that worked on the MSD Dashhawk designed the Dash Boss and is an avid Trail Blazer SS fan. Any input is greatly apresiated.

Dash Boss
Pros - Made in USA, CASE relearn, bluetooth to iPhone, big buttons
Cons - Uses iPhone (what if I need to make a call or my car has bluetooth for audio stream), mounting phone can be bulky
Yep, that's us (DashBoss.com)! As far as the use of the iPhone while DashBoss is running, it's not really an issue (you can even use a Bluetooth connection to the car head unit or a head set). It just interrupts DashBoss for the duration of the call. If someone calls you in the middle of logging a session, we save the log behind the scenes and its there when you come back. Granted, it interrupts the session but you don't lose anything up to that point.

I stream music all the time in the Tahoe (2011) while DashBoss is happily running at the same time. Steering wheel controls to select songs and such work fine. Also, if you have to (god forbid! ;) ) actually use your your phone as a phone :) ... You can use a cheap used iPod touch or an iPad (or mini).

Anyway, if guys have any questions feel free to hop over to our forums, send email to our support address or PM me or see the article in Vette magazine (use VETTEMAG as a coupon on our site).

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Damn, that's cool and all, but given the choice between $25 and $170, I'd pay the $25

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Manually?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Not that I'm aware of then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts