Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The carpet in my '65 SS is three different colors. The guy who had it before me restored the car ove a period of time and may have replaced it at different times.
The car is Mist Blue with matching interior. The floor carpet is light blue loop. the door panels are a medium blue plush. the kick panels and console carpets are dark blue loop.
I'm not sure which color was stock and whether they came from the factory that way (I suspect not). Somebody told me that they indeed DID come from the factory with different colors so it wouldn't look monotone.

So the questions are:
1. "Which color is correct - the light, medium or dark?" and
2. "Which type is correct - loop or plush?" and
3. "Did these cars come from the factory with more than one color on the same car?"

I called Classic Industries and they didn't seem to know.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
My '65 was all mist blue. I didn't have the console, but carpet, kick panels, lower doors were all one color. I believe loop was correct, but mine was also a Caprice. What color is your dash? That could give you a hint, unless it's been painted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes they did come from the factory in different colors but the carpet is loop not plush me I would go with dark blue loop to match.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. The dash is light blue. It will be cheaper for me to leave the floor carpet light and replace the kick panels with the medium. that way the doors and kick panels will match. the contrast between floor and door/kick panels will look good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts