Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to kick a idea around, but a stock TBI fuel pump puts out like 12-14PSI. I wonder what wiring is not needed and what has to stay hooked up to work the tranny lock up. I ask this cause I tried to install a temp gauge in my caprice but it wouldn't start without the original sensors hooked up. Also the 305 in it has 120,000mi. n no power.

Basically
TBI Pump
Carb & intake
700R4 Tranny(already in the car)
HEI Dizzy
it should work in theory

Has anyone done this before I decide to try?

Reason I ask is cause I got lots of pre 85 parts (Carb, intake, Roller rockers-1.52, 268H Comp cam & lifters, headers for a TBI Truck) I would like to swap out my 305 for a old school 350. GOOD IDEA?

Opinions please..... Try to take i easy on the negative coments please...

First Post:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You will at least need a fuel pressure regulator as 12-14 psi is way to much for a carb.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i say go for the 350 swap any day :biggrin: another engine choice is the early 90's vortech engine suppose to be pretty good from what i here theres a 1991 on ebay right now w/ lambos etc with the vortech upgrade might want to ask them some questions it was on there yesterday :cool::biggrin:

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah you are right thanks for the advice, i was looking on summit today to buy parts and they do fit both the 305 and 350. now on your motor did you go with the Edelbrock carb 500 or 600 cfm carb? i was told to go with 500 cfm because my motor is still pretty much stock and a 600 cfm wouldnt be to good for throttle reponse and poor gas milage because my block is smaller then yours

1 - 5 of 5 Posts