Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good camera for security when the car is parked?
Im so fucking sick of a$$holes/c*nts who are too challenged/lazy/stupid to either back out of a parking spot correctly or open a door without it hitting my car. So far this is the best I have come up with.

Advanced Car Camera | Vehicle Black Box Car Camera | GPS Data Logger | G-Force Sensor

The parked mode resolution is not up to par whatsoever in my opinion…
320 x 240 seems horrible to me. My 6 year old ipod nano records in 640 x 480 so I am already skeptical about this product.

Sorry for the rant… thanks for reading though, hope someone knows of something better.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the last year alone I have had a dozen of more ding from parking lots... Completely ridiculous.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The worst part about this is it makes me lose faith of people in general. I have never hit a parked car and if I did, I would leave a note. I would love to get a license plate number next time. Take it from there and see what should be done HA. Seems like everyone in Russia buys these. Anyone who loves their car should have one. Car's get damaged and broken into more than homes. Their are plenty of home security systems and related companies/products. But for cars, nothing special yet. What The Fuck! Does not make sense. I can't believe these things aren't sold in Best Buy, Costco etc. There goes another rant.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Im so fucking sick of a$$holes/c*nts who are too challenged/lazy/stupid to either back out of a parking spot correctly or open a door without it hitting my car. So far this is the best I have come up with.

Advanced Car Camera | Vehicle Black Box Car Camera | GPS Data Logger | G-Force Sensor

320 x 240 seems horrible to me. My 6 year old ipod nano records in 640 x 480 so I am already skeptical about this product.

Sorry for the rant… thanks for reading though, hope someone knows of something better.
Best is to park far away when possible, exercise is good for you anyways.:eek:k3:

·
Registered
848 Posts
It is annoying as hell, no doubt.

Honestly, creative parking is your best bet.
Park far away (it's also good exercise :D ). Always try to protect at least one side of the vehicle by parking on the end, near a curb etc if possible. This is one way I was able to keep my Sierra looking so good for the 12 years I had it.

You'll go through expense and time of setting up cameras only to catch a complete stranger dinging your car and have no way to track them down.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
the dash cam works on the distracted driver, red light runner and the driver that hit you and run before you take there license plate number. at least you got a description of the car that hit you or the ex that damage your car:yikes:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good find on ebay. Looks a lot better than the other one. And $100 cheaper too. I think these things pay for themselves at some point. Also, parking far away is always good I'm really starting to learn that the hard way.

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
Theres a 1000 choises on ebay :dizzy:
I will often park at the back of a lot and sometimes angled in 2 parking spots , so far no dings since the new paint job a year and a half ago :hope:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

To be honest I wouldn't trust or buy any car camera that does NOT have a personal youtube review. Make your decision based on other reviews. :eek:k3:

All youtube videos of that dr200 where posted by that website

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't trust or buy any car camera that does NOT have a personal youtube review. Make your decision based on other reviews. :eek:k3:

All youtube videos of that dr200 where posted by that website
Keep in mind any "personal" review could be some guy who sells them :dontknow:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Keep in mind any "personal" review could be some guy who sells them :dontknow:
True. I meant to say a dash cam that has "multiple" reviews. I wouldn't simply base my opinion on one or even a few personal reviews. Chances are if there's not a bunch of reviews, it's not all that great of an item. :eek:k3: If people are hyped up about a product they would post a review/usage video.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts