Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I'm currently at the car wash washing my 07 ss impala and as I went to crank the car, the car wouldn't crank. The six disc cd changer started changing and the check engine light came on. This is the first time this ever happened to me. As I tried to crank with remote start, it turns over but it want crank at all. Can someone please tell me what's going on? I hope this isn't nothing major

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Have you tried to crank with the ignition since trying the remote start? Does it indicate a security issue on the dash? Do you see a vehicle with a wrench on it in the display center? Do you have a second key to try? Maybe your key is done and the immobilizer is preventing it from cranking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I've tried cranking it since I did it with the remote start. Still nothing, it clicks and yes there is a car with a lock light up on the dashboard, yes I have a extra key and the battery light just came on and the display says battery saver active, service battery charging system, and it also says service theft deterrent system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm about to try to disconnect the battery and see what it does

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the opinions everyone, I found out that my starter is going bad

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Not saying that's necessarily wrong, but how the hell did you get from disconnecting the battery to see if it helps, to bad starter?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Black-magic, I'm happy to see the community jumped in to help. While I can't provide much in the way of DIY advice, I'm happy to help you work with your dealership towards a resolution. Please send me a private message anytime for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Banned
748 Posts
Not saying that's necessarily wrong, but how the hell did you get from disconnecting the battery to see if it helps, to bad starter?
Maybe while he was disconnecting it a dealership fairy showed up and said "magic why you do that for homie, take it in to your nearest dealer they will tell you it's the starter that's bad" .

And that is how he jumped to bad starter conclusion.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Maybe while he was disconnecting it a dealership fairy showed up and said "magic why you do that for homie, take it in to your nearest dealer they will tell you it's the starter that's bad" .

And that is how he jumped to bad starter conclusion.
:lol: I hope he gets his starter replaced then. If that is the current problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts