Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 impala has a 3.5 with a cold air intake, performance plugs,wires, and the resonator deleted. About a week a ago the code for my tps started popping I would clear it and at first it was once a day now 4 to 5 times a day. I can start go and no problem then suddenly it will rev up like I pushed the gas then act like I took my foot off the pedal. It will do this 2 to 3 times in a row then suddenly the code for the tps pops up I can clear it and it will sometimes come right back other times stay off the rest of the day. Any suggestions on what this is? I had been told the mass airflow sensor I've been told the tps and I've been told the pedal itself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that the code can pertain to 3 items the mass airflow sensor, the throttle body sensor, and the acceleration pedal sensor. It is odd cause it is not constant. This does happen 3 to 4 times daily now. It will be going fine then rev then bog down as if I let off the accelerator. That will happen 3 to 4 time then the code pops 2138. As I said everything is stock and original to my knowledge as I have had this 08 since Nov of 2011. Only performance mods done are the cold air intake, performance plugs and wires, and the resonator deleted. I will add this was supposed to have been a police car and I was told the chip is still in the car for that which I can usually tell a difference in the passing gear when it goes in at first the hard rev up then the car feels like it lowers the rpms drastically drop but my speed keeps going up. I do know at 1800rpm I am going 70 and at 2000 rpms I am at 80. None of this happens in cruise either so if I can get to engage cruise before it trips the code I can keep it from happening.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well if it doesn't happen when you are using cruise control, it certainly seems like that would point towards the issue being the pedal sensor. I'd start with that if it were me. You can always disconnect the MAF sensor and drive like that to see if it eliminates the issue as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if it doesn't happen when you are using cruise control, it certainly seems like that would point towards the issue being the pedal sensor. I'd start with that if it were me. You can always disconnect the MAF sensor and drive like that to see if it eliminates the issue as well.
I tried removing the MAF sensor and tied it off away from anything that could damage it . I did notice the rev up and bog down still on a 104 mile trip. I turn the car off and back on once home and it popped:
  1. P0101: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem.
  2. P0102: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Input.
  3. P0103: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Input.
reconnected to MAF sensor with my cold air intake and those have no longer came up butagain the rev up and bog down then the p2138 popped back up, does it a little less right now but still doing it. Going to buy a new pedal next week see if that solves it and will let you all know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts